For example, you may have a gourmet deli and a customer had knocked over a bottle of water. Before you have a chance to clean it up another customer cuts themselves on the glass or slips over on the water. This customer may decide to sue you have damages as a result, these damages can often be much higher than you would originally anticipate. For example it can include the medical bills, loss of earning, emotional distress etc.
Your PL cover should explicitly cover:
- Are contracts covered as well as employees
- Level of cover
- Who, what, how and when are those within the business and the public covered
- Legal, medical and property damage to be covered
- Emotional distress coverage
- Listing of all key people within the policy
- Any damage cause by your business products or services
A simple PL premium is often more complicated than it looks, have one of the BGI experts ensure a policy is provided that matches the risk profile of you business.